Re: [Amps] plate choke

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] plate choke
From: KD7QAE <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:33:25 +0100
So,  many of the plate chokes I have seen described in home brew
amplifiers and those in use in Ameritron, Henry, Alpha and QRO are
single layer wound solenoids, many like the one I built.  These do not
exhibit resonant peaks (High Z) in the ham bands as far as I can tell
based on my limited experience.  I am very confused by the assertions
that I need to build something materially different than these examples
or face a very inefficient and perhaps flaming amplifier.