Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: SB200 loading problem

To: 'John Parkins' <john@g8kvp.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: SB200 loading problem
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:25:49 -0700
It's not normal for the LOAD cap to be fully meshed on any band when
operated into a 50 Ohm load.  On 80m, a 500pF (I think) padder is switched
in parallel with the tunable LOAD capacitor, but it's not in the circuit on
40m or the higher bands.  If that cap were missing or bad (or the switch
wasn't making contact in that position), that could explain why the LOAD cap
needs to be fully meshed on 80m, but it wouldn't explain 40m...-WB2WIK/6