Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: SB200 loading problem

To: John Parkins <john@g8kvp.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: SB200 loading problem
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:10:09 +0100

John Parkins wrote:

> The anode current reads, for 500w out, 340mA so that works out to be
> around 75%. Of course all these readings have a little + or - about
> them as I have no idea how accurate the meter is.

Efficiency as high as 75% indicates heavy saturation, which ties up with
  the high anode load resistance. You will be getting higher gain, but
at the expense of linearity and maximum output power. I'd suggest you
load it more heavily and drive it a bit harder. For good linearity, the
efficiency will be more like 60%, no more than 65% at peak output.

Steve