Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: SB200 loading problem

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@ic24.net>,"John Parkins" <john@g8kvp.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - Re: SB200 loading problem
From: "carl seyersdahl" <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:37:46 -0400
I have been following this thread and have something to offer here.
   I can't think of why the loading problem , BUT, the hi voltage appears
too  low. Has it been measured with an external voltmeter?? It should be
about 2400 vdc no load and around 2100 fully loaded.!! I have always run the
200 at about 75 watts in , and using a pulser for tuning I generally got
about 750 watts PEP output on all bands except 15 - 10 m.on those bands it
was down to about 700 w. again PEP with a pulser.
    also , how much input power and what is the input swr??
   I use two Autek wm-1 meters , one in , one out, and altho I can't vouch
for their accuracy, I'd say they are well within the 5-10% range , all
things considered.!!!
     I have all the info here on the SB-200/201 if anyone should need it.
Have a good day my friends.
     carl / kz5ca
  P.S. I always have run that type amp on 120 ac input. , and remember that
the transformer was designed when the" standard "
  line voltage was closer to 110-115 , not what is is today, at my qth it is
generally closer to 120-125.!!!
 Need more info?? e-mail me.
  carl / kz5ca (not a genius , BUT)