Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-811H-- Again

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>, "W5IOK" <w5iok@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-811H-- Again
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 07:56:53 -0700
"In my survey of Alpha 87 and 88 owners, c. 40% had needed to return theirs
to the factory hospital"

Note - attribution marks left out on purpose.  Quotation marks used to
indicate I was quoting someone else.  Hope that is not too confusing.

Was this a limited survey?  Were you waiting at the front porch of the
hospital, or in the emergency room?

The Alpha 88 was apparently one of those amplifiers that was so bad that
Alpha Power has removed all information on it from their website and
terminated all of the former owners and their friends that knew anything
about it.  The FBI was investigating it, but those assigned to the
operation, under the code name of Operation Parasite simply never returned.

Recent documents found at Eimac suggest that a number of the Alpha 88
amplifiers were operated about a month ago on a dike near New Orleans.  When
they were turned on, the parasitic currents caused massive swirling of
parasitics, which engulfed the region.  Investigation of the dike, under the
location of where the Alpha 88s were operated, reveal shattered filaments of
the rebar used.  It has been suggested that if the rebar had been
constructed of nichrome, the massive flow might have been prevented.  Both
republicans and democrats alike have asked for an independent investigation.

Colin  K7FM