Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-811H-- Again

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-811H-- Again
From: "Jim Reid" <reidj021@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 18:15:30 -1000
Thank you  to those who have offered to buy the remains.

However,  I now have two offers from guys out here in the
Islands to attempt to repair the little guy!  So,  Monday night,
someone will pick me up and off we go to the Kauai Amateur
Radio Club meeting.  There K0GVS,  Ben will pick up the unit,
take it to his QTH over in Princeville and see what he can find
to fix.  If that does not work,  then it is over to Honolulu where
Dr. Frank Young,  KH6CDO and physician at Kapiolani Children's
Hospital,  will give it a go.  Wow,  what generosity out here!

And special thanks to you Tom,  for your information input and
suggestion to have another have a look at the rig. Brought it up
on today's Hawaii Afternoon Net; the result,  above.

Will advise later the results of their efforts.

Mahalo and 73,  Jim W6KPI/KH6