Re: [Amps] why 3-500Z?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] why 3-500Z?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:50:14 -0400
John,

Asside from the physical size of the innards, I always thought the 3-400z had
the same base as the 3-500z? If so, about the only thing will change is the
increased pate current if you run them at their higher output and that will
change the plate impedance so a tweaking of the tank coil may be necessary. If
your going to run them at the same power out as the 400's then nothing should
change theoretically. You would most likely have to cut the drive back some
though to achieve this. If I'm off here let me know and will be glad to help
you on converting it.

Best,

Will