Re: [Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 20:35:14 -0400
John,

Yup, I know a guy doing it. The main big one in Fl goes by Ghost Rider if I
recall but don't know his real name. I found out about him from a transformer
company in New Jersy who makes transformers for him. They're junk and class C
as you say. That's the amps those guys are using down amplifier ally they call
it. Or the states from about Ohio to Florida. This guy don't have any idea
about how to make anything linear I dont think and merely tries to copy stuff
out of ARRL books, or other amps that's been built in the past. All G-G amps I
think. They may work for CW but they're not worth a quarter for voice.

Best,

Will