Re: [Amps] 2006 ARRL Radio Handbook

To: R@somis.org
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2006 ARRL Radio Handbook
From: HAROLD B MANDEL <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:03:18 -0400
In a preceding post the following phrase printed:

 "The Amateur is Loyal . . . .  He owes his amateur radio to the
American Radio Relay League and he offers it his unswerving loyalty."

Is this quote correct?

Does this mean the ARRL has an interest in my equipment?
Is there some sort of Lien? I thought I paid cash.

In my Will the kids were going to inherit the house and
all the junk, but now..........

Do I need to rewrite it?

As for "unswerving loyalty," I don't seem to remember
the FCC examiner ( I was of the generation that had to
actually go to the FCC office to be tested) having everyone
stand and raise their right hands and "Repeat after me" like
they did at the Whitehall Street military induction center.

Did I miss out on that, too? Oh, no: I might be one
of those "rebel operators." It's bad enough I didn't build
my own transceiver, an "Appliance Operator." I have to
live with that very day.

Did anyone ever read "Catch-22?" Remember the
chapter where everyone needed to take Loyalty Oaths?
"Fuhgeddaboudit!"

Hal
W4HBM