Re: [Amps] Dedicated 220AC Wiring for Amps..

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dedicated 220AC Wiring for Amps..
From: "David Vondrasek" <n5ito@davidv.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:41:37 -0500
I wanna thank you all for your recommendations..
Here's what's being run..

A separate Junction box off the main power with 4 sets of breakers. Each
breaker is going to be a dedicated 30 Amp breaker. 2 of the breakers are
being ran with #12. Each of these breakers will be wired to a 4 plug 110
Outlet giving me
8 total outlets for 110AC dedicated for the radios. (plus the already
installed house outlets) The last 2 breakers each  being run with #10 for
220VAC giving me 2 dedicated Outlets for 220. Please note the wire runs are
ONLY 6 feet!!. The breaker box is right outside the same wall As the
outlets. So longs runs are not going to be an issue. If I have a significant
voltage drop with a 6 foot run of #10 wire for 220, I have other issues I'll
have to work out.

Thanks for all the help.. Now if I can just get the Electric Company to put
the power lines UNDERGROUND *grin*

Dave
N5ITO
-One step at a time.