Re: [Amps] Henry 2k Classic

To: Daniel Hileman <n9wx@hotmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2k Classic
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:51:34 -0800 (PST)
Daniel,
I got my Henry 3K-A (which is THE one to have, in my opinion unless you can lay
out the $$$ for a 5K or something) for less than $1000 and that's after new
tubes and new High Voltage Rectifiers.  The 2K Classic-X is close, but it still
has the roller inductor instead of being tapped (changing bands is a pain).
The 3K-A also has an extra bandswitch position -- I'm about to add 160m to it.

Joe, N3JI

Daniel Hileman <n9wx@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi again Everyone,
Thanks for all the input on the amps...Well, I've pretty much decided I WANT
a Henry 2K Classic Just so there's no confusion, I want a floor model Henry.
So, if anyone has one out there they'd like to part with, around Christmas
or so..let me know. Oh yeah, it needs to be within 150 miles from Indy
unless you're willing to drive part way to meet me, Thanks.

Before I make the BIG plunge on this though, I'd love to hear some users
opinions...is it all I hear it is???? I'd love to get a 3k Classic, but
probably a little outta my price range for now. So, come one come all with
the opinions. I know, it may be difficult to find a GOOD used one, since I'm
sure everyone wants to keep there's...but it's worth a try and I'm in no big
rush, so I'll look around out there. Maybe it'd be best to reply off list,
so it's not being tied up with something that's not that important.

Thanks and 73,
Daniel N9WX