Re: [Amps] Question about RCD aka GFI

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Question about RCD aka GFI
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:00:00 +0100 (CET)
OK, not quite on the 4 wire safety topic.
Do any of the European readers know a source of RF proof RCD (Residual Current
Device - European name for a GFI)? I have found (the hard way) the products of
MK Electric in the UK certainly aren't, and trip at quite low levels of RF. I
had one of their miniature breakers that, sat on the desk 50 feet from the 160m
vertical with a 12 inch length of wire connected to one terminal and to nothing
else, would trip with 50watts.
Needless to say, emails to their technical department produced no reply
whatsoever..........even though it's arguable that the parts fail to meet the
European EMC Directive, and are thus illegally marked!

73

Peter SM/G3RZP (this week)