Re: [Amps] Better electrical safety?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Better electrical safety?
From: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:23:02 EST
Your statement puzzles me. A house powered by AC mains of about 1 kHz
or higher is shockproof. The human nervous system does not respond to
frequencies that high or higher.

I realize someone could connect themself to the mains in series with
a diode and commit suicide. Is that what you mean? I'll concede that.

73, Bill W6WRT

Are you sure that 1KHz AC is shockproof? 1 KHz may not be as lethal as
50-60Hz but I was under the impression that anyone could suffer a very severe
and
painful shock from 1KHz AC depending on volts/amperage? I think I read that
even
at 10KHz a very real shock hazard still exists. Does anyone have any tales of
working with 115vac 400Hz systems on airplanes? 73 Todd WD4NGG