Re: [Amps] What blower?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] What blower?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:09:20 -0500
We had discussed using the new infrared aimable thermometers for this. You aim
the laser dot and read the temp. I was thinking Rich Measures was going to try
this out using a Fluke model. If it was a sucess, I would like to know the
outcome. I myself though of using one to check the coil temperatures on
transformers running under full load. The outter coil temp can be used to
extrapolate the internal temp at the mean radius of each coil this way. Has
anyone tried this with any success yet?

Best,

Will