Re: [Amps] Master Voltohmyst-Private off list

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Master Voltohmyst-Private off list
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:07:37 -0500
Bill,

I thought the same myself but am now stuck waiting to see what he does, and
cant bid on another without taking a chance getting stuck buying two of them,
LOL! Plus I'm worried this guys going to throw negative feedback on me. I can
return it though, but I have only one from a guy who tried to raise the price
of a cheap handheld DMM $10 after the auction one time, and he left retallitory
feedback over mine.

Yea, I had a Master voltohmyst "Viz" brand, same thing as RCA, several years
ago and let it go. I need one now because my eyes aren't what they used to be,
I hate to say. I still like an analog meter, and use my old Trusty Simpson 260
I bought new years ago about every day. Thing is, it's hard to read without my
glasses on, chrotle! For continuity checks, just a quick glance to see if the
needle swings over does good plus they will read a diode correctly where some
cheap digitals wont unless they have a range on them to do it. I do have a
digital that has a buzzer for continuity I do use too, but I'm still hard to
break from the old school unless I'm trying to read precision. Then I use
either my HP or Dana 6-1/2 digit DMM for it. If you run across any good deals
on either late versions of a Senior or Master voltohmyst, either Viz or RCA,
let me know as I'm interested.

Best,

Will