Re: [Amps] FW: RFI Question

To: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>,"'Brass Pounder'" <wf3j@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: RFI Question
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 09:30:06 -0800
"A couple more questions arise. Exactly what is the composition of radar
absorbent material and how is it applied to the metal surfaces? "

You do not simply take a B-36 or a battleship and cover it with radar
absorbing paint.  Stealth technology involves a total design where the
object desired to be hidden minimizes radar reflections and heat generation.
In the case of radar, you do not necessarily have to absorb the signal, but
can simply deflect it in a direction other than back to the radar site.
Similarly, you reduce the thermal footprint by spreading it out or covering
it up.

I did a google search on stealth technology and got a return of 267,000
possibilities.  Your question about absorbing paint can be found at:

http://people.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=question69.htm&url=http://www.randf.com/

One of the great things about the UAVs is that they can be very small, which
makes it easier to hide.

A few years ago, Rita of Fox News was talking about the F-117.  She heard
they were flying overhead but commented that we could not see them since
they were invisible.

Colin  K7FM