Re: [Amps] FW: RFI Question

To: "m.ford" <k1ern@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: RFI Question
From: KD7QAE <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 18:32:24 +0000
Interesting.  There is an optical technique called the "crab's eye lens"
which uses a deep parabola with a detector (non imaging) at the top of
the curve.  It works by  glancing reflections of the light entering the
open end making it to the detector without being able to make the
roundtrip back out before first hitting the detector.  If the walls were
lossy and the curve approximated by straight lines, one would have the
inverse of the usual pyramids used in anechoic chambers.  I wonder if
they would work as well?

Tomm