Re: [Amps] Two transformer questions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Two transformer questions
From: gd0tep@Safe-mail.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 02:18:10 +0000
>The way you can stop them from coupling with each other is to mount
>the toroid iron cores at right angles to each other.

Ah, OK.. there isn't enough room for a right angle stack, but what if I stacked
them one on top of the other, with about 1" between them, and some sort of
steel plate between them that's part of the cabinet?

>Toroid power transformers are really hard to rewind

Ooops, my mistake... the transformer that needs rewinding is not a toroid, it
is a standard type transformer, with 240v in and 2,400v out, with turns for
12v, 100v and 300v (if I remember right)

There's a picture here: http://www.gd0tep.com/amp/trany.jpg

As to:
>what size/rating do you need for a transformer, I maybe able to help.

Right now, I can only supply voltages, I can't be certain of current ratings,
I'm still trying to find out.

>...let me know what the voltage/current is.

When I find out, I will... but the local Emtron dealer, plus Emtron in VK
aren't very forth coming with the information, and there's no real info in the
manual.

73

Andy
http://gd0tep.com