Re: [Amps] Two transformer questions

To: gd0tep@Safe-mail.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Two transformer questions
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:37:27 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 06:18 PM 2/20/2006, gd0tep@Safe-mail.net wrote:
>Ah, OK.. there isn't enough room for a right angle stack, but what
>if I stacked them one on top of the other, with about 1" between
>them, and some sort of steel plate between them that's part of the cabinet?

Here's a thought. I haven't actually tried this but I think it should
answer your question. If anyone spots an error in my thinking, please say so.

As a rough test, connect the two in series and measure the resultant
inductance. Start with them far apart and move them closer together.
When the inductance starts to change, you have coupling between the
two. Toroids are notoriously hard to couple together so you may find
you can get them quite close with no interaction.

Please let us know what you find.

73, Bill W6WRT