Re: [Amps] figuring tube output impedance

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] figuring tube output impedance
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:41:31 -0500
Chuck,

I have a link below to a Hams website who uses the factor 1.87 instead of 1.8
which he came up with from experimentation. He said it actually gets you closer
to the correct values than using 1.8. I think the factor of 1.8 came from the
RCA Radiotron book, and everyone generally used it. I have found myself that a
lot of factors have been rounded off and will only get you in the ballpark
myself. Experimenting by building a lot of amps is a better way to know what
they should be. This ham goes through all the steps of doing it and I recommend
anyone to read this if they wish to learn how to design an amp. Select any amp
he's built as all show the calculations if I remember.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Lineairs/Lineairs.htm

Best,

Will