[Amps] RF probe and SSB (may be a little OT)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] RF probe and SSB (may be a little OT)
From: Bob <n6ri@rtort.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:30:41 -0800
Hello, I have a question that may be a little OT. I am concerned about
my SSB audio both before and after my SB-220.  I have a scope but I am
not sure about buying/building a RF probe.

For purposes of setting the mic gain and compression, is a rf probe
connected before or after the amp a good way to measure this? If so, is
before or after the amp a better bet? It seems that after would be
better since it reflects what is actually getting out on the airwaves.

I have been setting it with a friend across town listening and giving
feedback, but I would like to get a little more accurate.

Thanks,
Bob