Re: [Amps] Transformers in series

To: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformers in series
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:25:36 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 07:56 PM 3/11/2006, W2RU - Bud Hippisley wrote:

>I use a scope or a small amperage fast blow fuse
>in the primary to help me figure it out.  I'm sure there are other,
>cleverer techniques out there.

If you don't have a scope, a simple AC voltmeter will do. For series
secondaries, the voltages will either add, giving you twice the
voltage of one, or they will oppose, giving you close to zero.

For paralleled secondaries, connect one end of each secondary
together, leaving the other ends open and measure the voltage between
the two open ends. If the phasing is correct, you will measure
essentially zero volts between them. If incorrect, you will measure double.

Bill, W6WRT