Re: [Amps] Boat-Anchor Cleanliness

To: R@contesting.com;Measures <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Boat-Anchor Cleanliness
From: jkearman@att.net (Jim Kearman)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:37:27 +0000
From: R; Measures <r@somis.org>

> Harold -- #30 phosphor-bronze wire, and black dacron (because its low
> D-factor makes it a good RF-insulator) sailmaker's thread can be used
> to construct a virtually invisible end-fed antenna that can be matched
> efficiently with an L-network.

Actually, I'm the condo dweller. Hal lives in hotels. I've been doing covert
antenna systems much of my ham career. Even wrote a book about it for ARRL. The
space between my porch door and the nearest tree is wide enough that a neighbor
lady walks her bike through it to get to the parking lot from her porch door.
So anything permanent would have to go up the downspout and over to the tree. I
don't do enough daytime operating to bother. At night I hang a 40-m inv vee and
80-m inv L from two trees. I've worked 144 countries on 80 and 40 CW since last
September, and 36 on 30 in the past two weeks, using the gutters and a newly
homebrewed T-match. See my Website for more info.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/