[Amps] Surfactants

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Surfactants
From: jkearman@att.net (Jim Kearman)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:18:05 +0000
Meant to check for a brand name when I went shopping, but forgot. Supermarkets
sell spray bottles of 'surfactants,' which are non-toxic and biodegradable.
They don't foam like detergents. I've used them to clean up oil leaks when I
owned a British sports car. I now use it to clean brake dust off the alloy
wheels on my current ride. No damage to the coating on the wheels. A surfactant
reduces the surface tension of water, and the crud floats off. You could spray
some on small areas of the chassis, and wipe off with paper towels, without
needing a gas mask. Note: Some commercial products contain scent ingredients.
To avoid having your amp smell like a perfume counter, check the ingredients
before buying.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/