[Amps] Cleaning Stuff

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Cleaning Stuff
From: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@socket.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:35:37 -0600
After reading the many posts about cleaning solvents may I say please be
careful no mater what you use. The company I worked for used the
tri-clor in large vapor degreasers, we cleaned the aircraft skins for
testing in a mixture of toluene, MEK and acetone. Working on our hand
and knees breathing in the fumes. Cleaning rubber pads with the same
then bonding them on the aircraft with an adhesive that has solvent
bearing fumes. Used Mozel to clean solder joints, did silver solder with
cadmium in it. We had no easy to get information like today's MSD
Sheets. Many people like, my self, got cancer. I did it but would never
let my children or grandchildren use the same things.

Rich , kd0zz