Re: [Amps] Amp faceplates

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp faceplates
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 12:34:47 -0500
Bill,

They're produced by laser/baked and toner and is the reason for no white. The
result is hard to rub off but it can be abused. You cant place the print on
reverse because of the adhesive backing with paper peel. You can do this though
using plain clear film, but you have no adhesive. I'd say the baked on toner is
just as good as the ink from screen printing as far as text wearing off the
film. After applying the labels though a person could use a thick piece of
clear film similar to what Yaesu did on the old FT-101's. I used them mainly as
electrical labels on the equipment I built and had no problems with them. There
not as tough as etched aluminum but get the job done. For what we do here,
they'd work just fine.

Yes, I can do custom layouts on the labels for an additional cost. It wouldn't
be that much if I can change a pre-exsisting design to suit. The main thing is
knowing what text and knob diameters you have. For tune/load caps I'd need to
know where each band falls on the 180 deg. arc for the capacitor. Rotary
switches, I'd need to know the text for each position, and how many positions.
Also, the degrees between each. That's generally available from the switch
maker.

Best,

Will