Re: [Amps] Big transformer request TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Big transformer request TSPA
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:52:56 -0500
John,

It's according to what type of rectifier circuit you'd use with the capacitor.
For a full wave bridge and capacitor input, the secondary current is from 1.6
to 1.8 times the DC current. That variance I don't know for sure where both
came from as some formulas I've seen use either. It has a lot to do with the
size of capacitor of course. Hammond has a downloadable pdf with these formulas
in it, and I'm pretty sure they use 1.6. Ohter transformer manufacturers though
I've seen use 1.8.

The one you found, didn't the primary have it where you could change the
voltage? Most always had this because there are some places using 220/240 VAC.

Best,

Will