Re: [Amps] 7633 scope TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 7633 scope TSPA
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:25:33 -0500
John,

I was wondering about the 7D20 whether it was any good or not, and if I should
sell my digital scopes. I have two Panasonic digital storage scopes with the
cursors and all the neat stuff. They are 100 and a 50 MHz dual trace, delayed
sweep, with storage. The 50 MHz I'm thinking about selling if anyone on the
mailer is interested. I also have a Tek 453, 50 MHz, dual trace for sale in
very good condition. Actually, a 50 MHz, you can do a lot with especially if
they have an expander on the horizontal section like X5 or X10. I have a
Heathkit also which is a 15 MHz but usable to 30 MHz according to the book.
That was the first scope I bought when I went into the TV repair business years
back off my cousin. It's in A+ condition for its age. It's not one of those
plastic scopes but the blue metal cabinet ones with the white face. All of
these are soild state.

The 7633 I bought has two 7A18's in it and one 7B53A. One of the 7A18's was
damaged (knobs was messed up), so I bought a 7A26 to replace it and get the
full 100 MHz functionality. I may replace the other 7A18 with the 7A13 like you
mentioned and have the 7A18's as spares.

If you still have the junker, let me know as I'd be interested in it just for
parts. I'm thinking about buying a junker off ebay for that reason, especially
for the CRT. There's some shows up on there with no sweep with just a bright
green screen, and you can get these cheap. The CRT is worth it. I'm thinking
about getting into repairing these and the 400 line of scopes buy buying up
junkers for parts.

Best,

Will