Re: [Amps] [Moon-net] 4CX250B in P-P 2m?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Moon-net] 4CX250B in P-P 2m?
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:51:30 +0100
SM6CKU wrote:
> Hello guys
> Anyone knowing about a 2m kW amplifier in push-pull with 2x4CX250B?
> A friend of mine is asking....
> 73 de Ben

Yes, I know it would be *seriously* over-run. The maximum anode voltage is 2 kV
and the maximum anode current per tube is 250 mW. So a pair of tubes should
take
no more than 1 kW of input power.

So needless to say, even if the 2 kW is input rather than output, it is at
least
2x over the tubes specs.

Or perhaps your fiend has found a way of getting 200% efficiency and so getting
2 kW out with only 1 kW in.