Re: [Amps] Replacement Cap Mounting Board Henry 2k-Classic Console

To: "Rich Hallman - N7TR" <rich@n7tr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Replacement Cap Mounting Board Henry 2k-Classic Console
From: R@contesting.com;Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 17:22:24 -0700
On Apr 2, 2006, at 4:31 PM, Rich Hallman - N7TR wrote:

> When trying to re-drill the mounting holes to install the new 8 filter
> caps I was replacing in my Henry 2K-Classic Console, I managed to
> completely destroy one of the holes.  Looks like it just fell apart.
>

> So here is the question....This looks like Phenolic type basalite board
> (Brown).  Anyone used something newer or recommend what I can use to
> replace the stock board with?

I use ABS sheet stock or un-clad G-10 epoxy/fibreglas board for
mounting electrolytics.   I mount them with a few dabs of silicone
rubber adhesive sealant on the bottom and let it cure for 24-hrs.  I
leave 2 to 3 mm between caps for air circulation  To remove caps that
are mounted this way, cut the Si rubber with a fish fillet knife.
http://www.somis.org/pb3_pic17.jpg

Rich Measures, 805.386.3734, AG6K, www.somis.org