[Amps] FT-736R power drop-off

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FT-736R power drop-off
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:52:32 -0600
I'm now QRV 432 EME again, using JT digital mode, with an FT-736R driving a
solid-state amp to 175 watts.

When I finish the new "cat proof" power supply, the SS amp will drive a pair of
3XCPX800s.

I've made several contacts using the 175 watts.  However, I notice that while I
get full output from the FT-736R early on in an attempt, as time passes by the
output drops.

This, of course, leads to the output of the SS amp dropping.  So, I start an
evening with 175 watts, and end at 50 watts.  Pretty tough copy at the other
end.

Any ideas as to why the output of the FT-736R is dropping?

73, Barrie, W7ALW