[Amps] Rivet nuts

To: amps@contesting.com (Amps)
Subject: [Amps] Rivet nuts
From: N7KA@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 04:29:30 +0000
There may be some confusion as to difference between a rivnut and a PEM nut.
They are 2 different animals folks.

PEM nut name is taken from an actual manufacturer of a type of nut pressed into
the metal.  The process of pressing it into the metal actually displaces
material arond the hole into which it is inserted.  A set of radial "spokes" is
what displaces the metal and holds the nut in place and keeps it from turning.
Try this web site for Penn  Engineering from whence the name PEM nut came.  Try
 http://www.pemnut.com  OR search for Penn Engineering.  Lot of good info on
the "PEM" nut there.

For rivnuts try http://www.enfasco.com or http://www.emhart.com .

I have nothing to do with any of the above mentioned companies except for their
being a supplier of these types of products used at the company for which I am
employeed.  I will not get one cent from them if you used a million or just
one.  If you use them correctly and get good results and are satisfied with
your results, WAY TO GO; if not DON'T BLAME ME.

There are other suppliers but these came to my memory first and a quick search
on GOOGLE brought them up, first on the list.

73 de Arne N7KA