Re: [Amps] Amp Faceplates

To: "Jim Kearman" <jkearman@att.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp Faceplates
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:33:30 -0600

> Thanks, Will. I was wondering if the silk mesh, especially the high-res
stuff, might fill up with paint before you got a good covering.

I've made several front panel coverings by first scanning the aluminum front
panel, with all meter and switch holes in, and then "building" the color and
text in Photoshop.

Then I print the panel, using a wide-format  printer, on self-adhesive
vinyl.  This vinyl lasts for years outdoors on buses, trucks and cars, so
it's durable.

This method works well, and is attractive.

73, Barrie, W7ALW