Re: [Amps] Help with.....any HP / Agilent product

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Help with.....any HP / Agilent product
From: Dave Haupt <emailw8nf@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 10:10:51 -0700 (PDT)
An HP/Agilent-specific Yahoogroup exists that is an
extraordinary resource.  Questions range from "where
can I get a manual" to "where can I buy service parts"
to "how do I make a measurement"?

Current Agilent employees are on the list, and
authorized by the company to be there.  There's a very
focused effort in Agilent to make operating and
service manuals for obsolete gear available, generally
for free.  Don't ever buy a xeroxed manual for
HP/Agilent gear until you first try to find it through
"official" mechanisms, which are, in theory, free.

Many ex-Agilent/HP employees participate in the group,
including quite a few from the old atomic clock/freq
counter division (which is now a part of Symmetricom),
and they are excellent resources for understanding how
to work and maintain the gear.

Here's the link for the Yahoogroup:

Dave W8NF