Re: [Amps] SB220 conversion

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 conversion
From: zl1aih@ihug.co.nz
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 08:49:10 +1200
Hi all - Baz, ZL1DD asked me to post the following :-

Bit pushed for time this morning so sorry if answer a
bit vague.
Just Google GS-35 and see what happens.
There are a number of guys selling and some sellers
give data.
Somewhere in cyberspace there is a great article on
conversion of
Drake L? amp from 3-500s to GS35. Also Lee
ZL2AL has a GS35 amp under
construction, I believe. If you follow this up please
keep us posted
as am seriously considering such a project myself.
Due to time
pressure I dropped off the 'amps' reflector, but
maybe Ken 1AIH would
be kind enough to post this query there. All
indications are that GS35
is a beaut tube, you can make socket yourself which
is a huge cost
saving. 73 Baz ZL1DD