Re: [Amps] multi-tube amplifiers

To: Amplificadores Lineales <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] multi-tube amplifiers
From: GGLL <nagato@arnet.com.ar>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:10:32 -0300

Gary Schafer escribió:

> That is the one Colin! That was my first hand book and I still have it. The
> binding fell apart and my dad later glued it with some cloth to keep it
> somewhat together. I still have it.
>
> The 4X250 amp article in there ran at reduced power as the cooling was not
> adequate for full power operation.

        I also have that edition (although spanish translated by a local
editor). It
specifies 650 watts input, 1500 V plate voltage, 300 V screen voltage, and -40
V grid bias. And the input is an inductor in series (to rise the drive at 10
Mtrs.) with a 110 ohms resistor to ground, then a 470 pF to the grids each via
a 10 ohm parasitic resistor.
For those days Pi output transceivers.

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.