Re: [Amps] 813's

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813's
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 18:05:08 -0400
Peter,

While on the subject, you wouldn't know the approximate G1 input impedance
would you? That is with the specified plate and grid voltages on the tube.
Concerning the heater position, the only way you could run these horizontal was
at a certain position where the heaters width would be vertically orientated.
If its width is horizontal, it can sag and short out. The 811 and I think maybe
the 572-B had to be mounted the same way if I recall. It's been so long it's
hard to remember.

Best,

Will