Re: [Amps] New Dummy Load

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Dummy Load
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:06:33 -0400
Those are planar type power resistors mounted on a copper heat spreader plate,
and that on an aluminum heat sink I imagine with fans underneath. I'd say
they're four 200 ohm resistors in paralell. Personally, I'd rather have the
large tubular ceramic resistors for this application. It also looked to me like
they had a small mica compression cap their to match it. That's awful small for
1500-2000 watts floating around in there. Plus, they're wanting the price of a
new amplifier for a dummy load!

Best,

Will