Re: [Amps] New Dummy Load

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Dummy Load
From: PA3DUV <pa3duv@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:05:48 +0200
I have used the Palstar DL5K with 5 kW input and found the dummyload a good
performer.
However, the directional coupler and the power measurement electronics are
not frequency compensated.
With a rather proper reading on 14 MHz the power measurement was way out on
3.6 and 28 MHz.
For that application the Array Solutions PowerMaster with 10 kW coupler
might be a better tool.

I found the PowerMaster with 10 kW coupler very accurate at power levels
around 6 kW, using my big Rohde&Schwarz 10 kW dummyload to dissipate the RF
energy  (Thanx Hans!). To check the PowerMaster readings I used my gud old
100 MHz Tec 465 scope and the attenuated output on the R&S 10/50.

Cheers, Dick
PA3DUV