[Amps] Datasheet limits

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Datasheet limits
From: john <johnmb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 21:52:31 -0400
>For example, my RCA data sheets for the 6LQ6 only have
>constant current charts that go to 450 volts dc. Why is it
>now OK to specify 900 volts when it is off the charts, when

Maximums are not given on curves, but in the tables. Curves
show "typical" applications, and are not guaranteed.

A/the  major reason not to exceed datasheet limits is that even
if an application which exceeds datasheet limits works today, theres
no guarantee that it will with the next batch of devices.  Of course
if your application stops working and you're outside spec application
limits, the followup discussion with the apps guy is going to be quite short.

John K5MO