Re: [Amps] 3-500Z convertion

To: Hsu <Jbenson@sohu.co>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z convertion
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:14:31 +0200 (CEST)
Hsu said:
>My TL922's 3-500Zs died,I have some 4X500As,it seems the 3-500Z can convertion
>by 4X500A, <
The 4X500A is an external anode tube, so the cooling won't be right, it needs a
different socket, and it's a tetrode. You'd need to do soem careful calculation
to determine if the grid and screen dissipations would be exceeded. All in all,
i'd say buyin a pair of new 3-500Z is a better way to o.
73
Peter G3RZP

Message Received: Jul 23 2006, 11:54 AM
From: "Hsu"
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 3-500Z convertion

Hi, I'm a new member.My TL922's 3-500Zs died,I have some 4X500As,it seems the
3-500Z can convertion by 4X500A, Does anyone have this experience?Thanks in
advance!
73! Hsu