Re: [Amps] setting the grid adrift

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] setting the grid adrift
From: Chris Howard <chris@yipyap.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:32:35 -0600
> Why? Why do you think a Ham staring at an amplifier panel
> would understand the statistics of making a mod over a large
> scale field sample?

Because if 1000 hams make that same mod and they all think
it was worth the effort then either 1) they are under mass
dilusion, or 2) something about it worked.  You could
make the argument that the amps they modified were crappy
to begin with... well ok, maybe now they are less crappy.

Now, if you and I are unable to imagine an explanation for why
it works, that hardly seems to be their fault.  You get to one
of those, "scientist insist bumble bees cannot fly" type of
situations.  That just makes the scientists look foolish, the bees
don't care.