Re: [Amps] MOSFET biasing

To: "Danny Pease" <dpease@adams.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MOSFET biasing
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:44:06 -0400
Am I correct in assuming that I would be better of with a circuit that
would allow me to set the bias on each individual transistor or should
the bias voltage be the same for each push-pull pair?

Danny,

I've designed some 100MHz drivers using that device, and I've always had to use individual bias adjustments for each device. You could sort them with a current meter and a variable bias supply and probably hand select pairs.

You'll never guess what else I use that device for! Receiver amplifiers and mixers. They make darned good high dynamic range amplifiers and mixers for HF. You can easily get to the point where IM in good crystal filters limits receiver performance with them.

73 Tom