Re: [Amps] Vacuum

To: "S. J. Blackwell" <w5lu@hotmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vacuum
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:37:44 -0400
Sam,

10 atmospheres is 146.9 PSI. I could actually see this on some large power
tubes. Especially tubes with fin cooling as the fins act as stiffners. Since
the area that would be under pressure isn't very large, probably as tall as it
is wide inside the anode, it would most likely hold it ok. One would be
suprised how much pressure things (according to the material) can hold. That's
my guess on it, but I will find it and post the results tomorrow.

Best,

Will