Re: [Amps] Estate sale - USed CB Gear for re-distribution

To: "Dave, K2DP" <k2dp@charter.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Estate sale - USed CB Gear for re-distribution
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:50:36 -0400
Dave,

I wouldn't want to see this destroyed as every bit can be put to good use by a
ham.
There's several pieces of decent equipment there like the counter and watt
meters.
Believe it or not, those Wawasee watt meters are built the same as or better
than
some ham watt meters. I know, I have a few. When they're calibrated, they're
decent
to have. The old Blackcat 2000 amp is easily converted to a good amateur amp
using
two 3-500Z's. It's according to which model as some had a band switch. The
smaller
amps can be used for parts, etc. The two pieces of Maco equipment are good too!
The
preamp is a FET type with tuned circuits. It's not junk like inside most 11
meter amps.
There's a good rotor there with a box that can be fixed. Just because it was
used on
11 meters doesn't mean it has some infection or it's too dirty for a ham to
use. When
we start looking down our noses at others, we're cutting our nose off to spite
our face.
There's also another story behind this equipment as he's selling it to help
someone.

As far as the Galaxy products goes, I highly doubt Riley has stopped all the
imports.
The importers will find a way to get them here, they always have. There is more
than
one importer. I'm not upholding the use of an illegal transceiver at all, I'm
just saying
I highly doubt all the holes in that seive can be plugged. Galaxy doesn't make
any
amplifiers, they never have, only transceivers. Those Galaxy amps out there are
just
using the Galaxy name and logo, really illegally. What the hell though, the amp
is
illegal to start with. Those amps are made right here in the good ol USA, and
have
been for years now.

Best,

Will