Re: [Amps] Henry 2KD-5 120 Hz Hum

To: Amps Newsgroup <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2KD-5 120 Hz Hum
From: Jennings <leejen@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:44:17 +1200
Interesting problem!
I ran across a posting somewhere in the past 6 months on some reflector about a
guy who was having hum nightmares with his 2 x GI7B amplifier. He tried all
sorts of cures. It would of course disappear with DC on the fils. He tried all
sorts of bypassing and choking to no avail.

The final solution turned out to be a simple matter of "crossfeeding" the
filaments rather than parallel feeding them. I don't know whether you have
tried that or not. Maybe it might work. It worked for him.

73, Lee ZL2AL