[Amps] Henry 2KD-5 120 Hz Hum (Solution)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2KD-5 120 Hz Hum (Solution)
From: "hamguy2" <hamguy2@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:45:41 -0400
Thanks to all that responded on and off reflector.

Problem appears to be cockpit error on my part and fuzzy
instructions in manual.  I connected the chassis ground(green wire)
to 220 V neutral in wiring the plug.  Since the Henry load is
unbalanced(to run the fan etc.) thus causing the neutral to conduct
such that I apparently created a ground loop causing the hum.  I
corrected the plug with neutral wired to neutral  and can now
detect practically no hum in tests.  The amp chassis is connected
to the station earth ground.