Re: [Amps] Passive Grid Resistor Source?

To: "Jennings" <leejen@paradise.net.nz>,"Amps Newsgroup" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Passive Grid Resistor Source?
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 07:59:58 -0400
Lee,

I use carborundum resistors (now made by Kanthal Globar) in my designs.
They are available in various wattages.  Here in the US they show up
regularly at ham fests. The under chassis air flow from the blower helps in
cooling.

I have also seen designs where 2W carbon resistors were immersed in a sealed
oil bath to increase dissipation.

73
David
KC2JD