Re: [Amps] filament forces TSPA

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament forces TSPA
From: "m.ford" <k1ern@pioneerwireless.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:03:33 -0400
Now thats an interesting question that probably generated
a table somewhere during the slide rule days. One of the
power lab demonstrations at UMO was to lay some heavy
cables on the concrete floor from the on campus DC power
station to the big ass motor and direct start the thing. The cables
jumped apart violently from the emf  generated. The force
could easily have tackled a large man to the floor had he been
in the way. That was the the point of the demonstration because they
were turning out engineers for the paper mills. All disciplines.

I would not doubt that a filament could behave likewise.

Mike  k1ern