Re: [Amps] Cutting G-10 Board

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Cutting G-10 Board
From: "m.ford" <k1ern@pioneerwireless.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:17:54 -0400
From: "Peter Chadwick" <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>; <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:54 AM

> If you're cutting much of it, get a diamond saw. Fibreglass plays merry hell
> with saw blades - and guillotine (shear)
> blades, too.
> A powered jigsaw and a piece of steel strip clamped to it for a guide is
> useful. Even, with care, a handheld tenon
> saw. A dust mask is HIGHLY advisable, as is working outdoors. Nice, if you
> can manage it, is dribbling water onto the
> saw so that the dust comes out as a slurry. Keeps the saw cool, too!

Thats why I like the cheap router suggestion. My good friend Jeff
wont let me use his bridgeport or his shear. He does precision billet
milling of cavity enclosures and is quite picky about his tools. He lets
me use the band saw though for thick aluminum.

BTW his business is custom RF enclosures. MODPAK INC.

Mike  k1ern